The OT Network Engineer position assists with client specific projects to support networking and connectivity within the realm of Operational Technology as well as troubleshoot client concerns. This position is typically deployed to the customers’ Plant or Manufacturing Floor.
Exemplifies excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as organizational abilities throughout client interaction
Configuration and troubleshooting of network devices (e.g. switches, routers, firewalls, access) and CN (Controls Network) devices (e.g. network interface hardware) to support the customer’s production system.
Stage, configure, and test customer CN devices in the lab.
Generate documentation supporting the customer’s CN devices.
Communicate and work with the customer’s designated point of contact.
Installation, verification, and testing of customer’s CN devices onsite at customer facility.
Perform a network assessment or analysis of an existing system, which can include evaluating and/or measuring the performance of the system.
Perform laboratory exercises to evaluate new hardware and techniques relating to the OT.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Appropriate understanding of networking technology, such as that covered by Cisco’s CCNA, Hirschmann HiES, or equivalent.
2. Willingness to learn and engage in new or emerging technologies. This includes training and additional certifications if necessary.
3. Willingness to adapt to older or legacy technologies and how to apply them to the current time.
4. Ability to travel to locations throughout North America.
5. Ability to work within Plant/Manufacturing floor and/or harsh environments.
6. Follow all KLA and customer safety rules and procedures; utilize appropriate PPE gear; engage in any customer required safety training.
7. Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams.
8. Basic knowledge of PLC systems and their components.
9. Prior experience in an industrial environment.
10. Willingness to work in a team environment with cross-disciplinary members.
11. Willingness to work outside of normal business hours
12. Ethernet/IP, ControlNet, ProfiNet, SCADA, or ModBus knowledge is a plus.
13. Able to occasionally travel.
This job frequently operates in a manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, as well as specialized software and test equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration; a variety of extreme conditions at client job sites; may function in an outside environment and is subject to inclement weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work will vary and can range from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., Sunday to Saturday. Evening and weekend work may be required as business needs or job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
Associates degree or active pursuit of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Operational Technology, Engineering, or other computer-related field, plus two years’ experience in client/server environment preferred; or equivalent experience.
Please note this job description, is meant to be a representation of the physical demands, work environment, and day-to-day activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job; it is not meant to be all-inclusive or limited to the above outline. To remain an industry leader, duties, responsibilities and activities of any KLA Laboratories employee may change, at any time, to meet the needs of the Company or the Customer, with or without notice.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about employment opportunities.