The A/V Technician is an integral part of the Event Production Team. Primary responsibilities of the A/V Technician include set-up, installation, maintenance, and/or configuration of A/V solutions, creating a quality outcome and positive customer experience.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor always and makes quality decisions in high stake situations, ensuring customer confidence.
- Acts as lead technician for on and offsite customer projects
- Troubleshoots all A/V systems to satisfy client needs
- Facilitates improvements on installation processes
- Reads schematic diagrams and building drawings
- Performs systems cabling in accordance with diagrams
- Develops project plans and executes within time goals and quality standards
- Documents any project changes and communicates to team and Manager as needed
- Trains technical team on job requirements
- Oversee projects to ensure timeliness and meets budget needs
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude with customer and employee interactions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Power Point, Excel, and Outlook
1. Customer Focus
2. Technical Capacity
3. Decision Making
4. Problem Solving
5. Time Management
This position operates 50% of the job functions in the field and at various customer sites. This position can occasionally function in an outside environment and is subject to inclement weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate effectively with others. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing distances greater than 12 feet tall. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days of the week and hours of work vary greatly based on the needs of the business. Flexibility to work earlier or later hours, based on job demand, is necessary. This position may frequently require weekend work.
The majority of travel is local, and is somewhat regular, although on occasion, some out-of-area and overnight travel may be required.
Required Education and Experience
Technical certifications related to field, and/or equivalent technical knowledge. Two to four years’ experience in Audio/Visual Services, with knowledge of the design, installation and troubleshooting of Audio/Visual systems.
Please note this job description, is meant to be a representation of the physical demands, work environment, and day-to-day activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job; it is not meant to be all-inclusive or limited to the above outline. To remain an industry leader, duties, responsibilities and activities of any KLA Laboratories employee may change, at any time, to meet the needs of the Company or the Customer, with or without notice.
Please email your resume to email@example.com to find out more about employment opportunities.